The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa offers cardholders a convenient way to manage their finances while building their credit and earning fantastic cash rewards. In addition, you can take advantage of a low introductory APR, no annual fee and an added bonus for purchases when the account is first opened. You’ll have extra money in your pocket while still buying everything you need for your family.
- Unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on purchases
- No annual fee
- Introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- No annual fee
- Unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on purchases
- No bonus rewards categories
Recommended Credit Profile
Rates & Fees
- Annual Fee0%
- Intro Purchase APR0% for 12 months
- Intro Balance Transfer APR0% for 12 moths
- Regular APR15.99% to 26.99%
- Great ForTravelShoppingRestaurants
- Regular Purchase APR15.99% to 26.99%
- Regular Balance Transfer APR15.99% to 26.99%
- Cash Advance APR25.99% to 27.99%
- Balance Transfer Fee$5 or 3%
- Cash Advance Fee$10 or 5%
- Foreign Transaction Fee3%
Earn Unlimited Cash Rewards
Wells Fargo has made it extremely simple to rack up unlimited cash rewards every single time you make a purchase. For each dollar you spend at any retailer, in store or online, you’ll earn a 1.5 percent cash bonus.
Let’s break that down with some simple math. Say you spend about $1,500 per month on everyday purchases — groceries, gas, toiletries, utilities and essentials for your family. By not changing your spending habits at all and utilizing your Cash Wise Visa for the purchases, you’ll earn $22.50 per month in cash bonus. Over the course of a year, that adds up to $270 — a nice chunk of change to pay for holiday gifts or a special family event.
As an added bonus, if you make purchases using your mobile wallet within the first 12 months after becoming a cardholder, you’ll earn a 1.8 percent cash bonus instead. Download Google Pay or Apple Pay to your mobile device, set it up to sync with your Cash Wise Visa account and your mobile wallet is ready. This can make your purchases simpler to pay for while putting extra money back in your pocket. If you utilize your mobile wallet just a handful of times per week for a new outfit or some school supplies for the kids, totaling perhaps another $250 per month, you’ll earn an extra $54 cash back in your first year.
The bonuses aren’t done yet, either. As a special reward for becoming a cardholder, Wells Fargo gives you an additional $200 just for spending a total of $1,000 in your first three months. Let’s take time to really add that up: $270 in regular cash bonus, $54 for mobile pay cash bonus and $200 for your opening bonus — that’s $524 cash in your pocket and ready to spend.
Here’s what we love the most about the Cash Wise Visa cash rewards: they never, ever expire as long as your account remains open. No earnings limits, available at any retailer you like and the ability to pile up your rewards as long as you want — that’s a true financial win/win/win!
When you are ready to access those cash rewards, simply deposit them to your Wells Fargo bank account or access them through your Wells Fargo debit or ATM card. If your mortgage is through Wells Fargo, you can also apply the balance you’ve compiled against monthly payments.
Lowest Introductory APR Available
The amount of money you can put back in your own pocket doesn’t end with your cash bonuses. As a new cardholder, Wells Fargo will offer you a full 12 months at 0 percent APR. That’s huge! Let’s take a look back at your monthly spending. If you don’t pay your balance off in full each month — say you carry a balance of $1,000 from month to month — you would ordinarily be hit with about $12 to $22 per month in interest charges if your balance remained the same, depending on your APR. That’s another $144 to $264 saved during your first year. Cha-ching!
In addition, Wells Fargo will let you transfer balances from other higher interest cards and take advantage of that same 0 percent APR for the first 12 months. Imagine how much you can save by transferringanother $1,000 from a different card that charges an 18.99 percent APR and then paying it off entirely in the first year. That’s right — another $105 saved. Between the hundreds you’ve saved and the additional hundreds earned through cash bonus, you’re setting yourself up well financially just by taking advantage of this card. Now that’s exciting!
No Annual Fee Plus Many Types of Protections
As a Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa member, another great bonus is that you’ll never be changed an annual fee. In fact, if you make all of your payments on time and pay down your balance in full each month, or at least by the end of your introductory 12 months, you’ll be able to avoid fees entirely. Your financial rewards just keep piling up!
Wells Fargo also takes security very seriously as one of the world’s largest financial institutions. Here’s a look at just some of the ways you and your account will be protected as a Cash Wise Visa member:
- Chipped cards to provide extra security at point of purchase
- Zero liability for any charges to your account that you do not authorize — just report any unexpected purchases as soon as you see them so an investigation can begin
- Rapid alerts from Wells Fargo whenever they catch suspicious activity on your account as well as for everyday activity
- Auto and cell phone protection so you don’t have to spend extra with other carriers to take care of the vehicle and technology you need
- Emergency replacement in the case of a lost or stolen card with access to instant cash advances until you receive the replacement if you simply cannot wait
We love that you're able to rack up so many rewards and savings just by using this card to cover the purchases and costs you already make every day. Whether you’re already a Wells Fargo customer looking to expand your credit with the same company or a new customer, you’ll experience many advantages by carrying this card.