From cash back monthly to travel assistance and purchase protection, the HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard is a great addition to your wallet and can help you tuck away extra money just by making routine purchases. Offering great bonuses for signing up and transferring balances plus zero annual fees, the Cash Rewards card is design for the frugal consumer to maximize their every dollar. Put this card to work the right way, and you could end up with $500 extra cash in your pocket at the end of the year.
- No Annual Fees
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- 0% Introductory Balance Transfer APR for 15 Months
- 0% Introductory Purchase APR for 15 Months
- 1.5% Unlimited Cash Back on Everything
- 0% APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases
- No Annual Fees
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- 1.5% Unlimited Cash Back
- No Flexible Rewards
Recommended Credit Profile
Rates & Fees
- Annual Fee$0
- Intro Balance Transfer APR0% for 15 months
- Regular APR14.99% to 24.99%
- Great ForTravelShoppingRestaurants
- Regular Purchase APR14.99% to 24.99%
- Regular Balance Transfer APR14.99% to 24.99%
- Cash Advance APR26.99%
- Balance Transfer Fee$10 or 4%
- Cash Advance Fee$10 or 4%
- Foreign Transaction Fee$0
Big Bang Sign-Up Bonus for HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard
You won’t believe what HSBC is offering to new cardholders as a sign-up bonus. Right now, if you spend just $500 in the first three months you have your account, you’ll get a whopping $150 cash back. Thirty percent cash back – that's an incredible offer.
To claim this deal by spending $500 over three months, you simply have to fork out $166 per month and you’ll earn cash back to spend on whatever you want.
Seek tip: Consider setting up your card to pay for a utility or two each month and you’ll easily spend that much money and capture your free reward. For that matter, one trip to the grocery store will easily get you over that amount each month. What an easy way to earn some free moolah.
Cash Rewards for All Your Purchases
Want to earn even more free cash every single time you use your card? The HSBC Cash Rewards card has you covered. For every dollar you spend each month, you’ll earn 1.5% cash back.
Let’s do the math. If you spend $1000 a month on your card, you’ll earn $15 cash back. Over the course of the year, that’ll add up to $180 — that’s a chunk of change! If you spend $2500 a month — something you can easily do if you have a few children or a busy household — you’ll earn $450 back per year.
The cash back rewards don’t end there. The HSBC Cash Rewards card also gives you an additional 10 percent cash back bonus on your anniversary date each year. So if you’ve earned $450 throughout the year, you’ll be rewarded with an extra $45. Almost $500 cash back in 12 months, just for automating your bills and using your card for everyday purchases! That's enough to cover a weekend getaway or a medium-size household purchase like a new dishwasher or computer.
Planning to Travel? HSBC Protects Your Trips
HSBC offers the MasterAssist® program to traveling cardholders, which helps both with planning as well as details like finding lost luggage. Don’t pull your hair out when you’re on the road — use MasterAssist® to add more zen to your travels.
In addition, take advantage of the Master RoadAssist® program to help you out whenever you get stranded on the road. Whenever your car breaks down in the U.S., simply make a call and Master RoadAssist® comes to the rescue.
You don't have to worry about purchasing extra travel accident insurance when you’re planning a trip — HSBC covers that as well. You’ll be covered by $1 million dollars in travel accident insurance on all your trips just by being an HSBC Cash Rewards cardholder.
HSBC Also Protects You When You Shop
Shopping for everyday goods and special purchases can be expensive — and you shouldn’t have to pay a single cent extra than absolutely necessary. So we love that the HSBC Cash Back card offers a ton of shopping protection services to keep your costs down.
Check out these four great programs you can take advantage of as an HSBC cardholder:
- Extended warranty — don’t pay stores for costly extended warranties. HSBC will double the original warranty on what you buy up to an additional year so you have the protection you need without spending extra cash.
- Purchase Assurance® — worried about the equipment or supplies you buy becoming damaged or falling victim to theft? With Purchase Assurance, you’re covered and can obtain the replacements you need.
- Price protection — don’t let prices that fall after your purchase frustrate you because you’ve spent too much money. If you buy something and its price is later advertised at a lower cost within 60 days, HSBC refunds the difference!
- Identity theft resolution services — there’s no bigger threat to your credit or financial future than someone swiping your identity and tanking your reputation as a result. That's why we love that HSBC offers one-on-one resolution services should someone try to cash in on the credit you’ve worked hard to build.
Save BIG on Fees
The HSBC Cash Rewards card comes with no annual fee, which means all that cash back you rack up is profit in your pocket. We love a rewards card with no annual fee, and we also like this card because if you travel overseas, you’ll get to enjoy fee-free transactions. That’s a big deal, because some cards charge up to 3 percent on foreign transaction fees (or $3 for every $100 you spend). You could save hundreds of dollars per trip taken outside of the U.S.
The HSBC Cash Rewards card offers a 0% introductory APR on all balance transfers you make during the first 15 months you're a cardholder. That’s an incredible offer to help you save a lot more money versus higher interest cards just by moving the balance to your new HSBC card.
And finally, if you want to provide a card to an authorized user on your account, you can do so fee-free. Take advantage when you want your spouse or children to be able to make purchases on your behalf.
Save on Fees, Enjoy Awesome Rewards, Maintain Peace of Mind
You already know you’re going to save tons of money on fees while also earning a bunch more through HSBC’s cash back program. But there’s yet another perk to holding this card: peace of mind.
HSBC Cash Rewards cards feature chip technology that protects all your purchases. In addition, you can set up your card for contactless purchases, protecting you against thieves who try to steal your data through card swipe readers. And you can also set up your account to link to Google Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay. That’s the utmost in flexibility.