Barclay Card Frontier Airlines Card
Perfect for frequent fliers and fans of discount airlines, the Barclaycard Frontier Airlines MasterCard puts the freedom of the skies in your pocket. As one of the best travel rewards opportunities for exclusive use on one of America’s most popular airlines, the card lets you earn rewards you can use on the nearly 80 available destinations throughout United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. With miles earned on every purchase, there’s no better way to enjoy Low Fares Done Right.
- 0% APR on Balance Transfers for 15 Months
- 5x miles on purchases with Frontier Airlines on flyfrontier.
- 3x miles on restaurant purchases
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- 0% APR on Balance Transfers
- 5x miles on purchases with Frontier Airlines
- 3x miles on restaurant purchases
- Has Annual Fee
- Limited Destinations from Frontier
Recommended Credit Profile
Rates & Fees
- Annual Fee$79
- Intro Balance Transfer APR0% for 15 months
- Regular APR17.99% to 26.99%
- Great ForFrontier AirlinesGroceryRestaurants
- Regular Purchase APR17.99% to 26.99%
- Regular Balance Transfer APR17.99% to 26.99%
- Cash Advance APR27.24%
- Balance Transfer Fee$5 or 3%
- Cash Advance Fee$10 or 5%
- Foreign Transaction Fee0%
Earn Big Rewards When you Signup
Your Barclaycard Frontier Airlines rewards start from the moment you sign up. All new cardholders are eligible for 40,000 bonus miles – one of the best introductory offers in the travel card space. Qualification is easy, too: new cardholders will receive their bonus miles with just $500 spent in the first 90 days and payment of the first year’s annual fee. Most families will reach this amount in a week or less of normal spending, making free flights easily attainable for virtually every customer. For those who aren’t big spenders, hitting this threshold requires as little as $39 per week.
So, what is 40,000 miles worth? With no industry mile standard, this can either be a little or a lot, depending on the airline in question. Luckily, Frontier Airlines’ offer is generous: 40,000 miles is valued at approximately $640, or the equivalent of two round-trip domestic flights. That’s enough for a romantic getaway, part of a family vacation or even affordable work travel.
That’s not all you’ll receive, however; spend a little more and you may be able to nab an additional bonus: a $100 Frontier Airlines flight discount voucher. Gifted on the anniversary of your account, this voucher is available for every cardholder who spends more than $2,500 in the first card membership year. That’s just $208 a month, so it’s easy to do.
Score Miles With Every Purchase
With the Barclaycard Frontier Airlines MasterCard, rewards don’t stop when you get your initial 40,000 mile bonus. The more you spend, the more you earn, so every swipe of your card adds more miles to your total. Best of all? There’s no cap. You can receive and hold as many miles as you want, so long as you use your card at least once every six months.
Frontier Airlines miles are accrued in two different ways based on where you shop.
- Earn two miles for each $1 spent on FlyFrontier.com. This means that every flight you buy or bag you check is worth double miles. For example, if you buy four $300 flights for your family vacation for a total of $1,200, you’ll earn 2,400 miles: the equivalent of a quarter of a one-way domestic flight.
- Earn one mile for each $1 spent anywhere else. That’s right – you’ll earn miles on every purchase you make, from grocery shopping to dining out at your favorite restaurants. You’ll even receive miles on any bills you pay with your credit card. If you want to collect even more, you can add your Barclaycard to your Apple Pay or Samsung Wallet for on-the-go use.
Earning sounds easy enough, but what do your points get you? How much can you actually travel? Ultimately, this depends on how much you fly and how much you spend. Take, for example, an average American family of four that takes one family vacation and one couples vacation per year. At $300 per flight for six flights, this is the equivalent of $1,800 spent on travel for 3,600 reward miles. But wait – the other amounts you pay on vacation count, too. With an estimated $1,000 on food and lodging per trip, that’s another $2,000 total for 2,000 additional miles: 5,600 miles just for your travel.
On top of that, you can add in the amount you spend on a day-to-day basis. Say you spend $2,000 per month on food, gas, bills, clothing and entertainment for $24,000 annually. That’s another 24,000 miles for 29,600 total earned. When your 40,000 bonus miles are included, you can expect around 69,600 miles for your first year alone – enough for almost seven one-way domestic flights!
Redeeming your points is as easy as booking a flight on FlyFrontier.com. When you search for flights, you can choose to toggle between miles and dollars, giving you the freedom to pay with whatever payment method you prefer.
Enjoy Substantial Additional Perks
Think miles are all you can get with your Barclaycard Frontier Airlines MasterCard? Think again. Cardholders in good standing can count on plenty of other benefits, including:
- A complimentary online FICO credit score check
- MasterCard travel assistance services to help you with travel requirements, cash advances and other questions
- Trip cancellation insurance and interruption coverage on any trip that can’t be completed for any covered reason
- Baggage delay insurance to keep you covered should your bags get lost or delayed in transit
- Price protection on all purchases, providing partial refunds on purchases if the price drops within a specified time period
- Zero liability coverage, protecting you from any unauthorized card use
- No fees to redeem reward travel
- 0% APR for the first 15 months; APR increases to 17.24% or 26.24% variable after this point
This premier suite of added advantages can potentially save you thousands per year, adding well-deserved safety nets to your life. If, for example, weather cancels your trip, trip insurance can reimburse you in full, putting the total cost of your tickets back into your bank account. Purchase price protection can help you save as well; if you make even five large purchases that drop by $100 in price within the eligibility period, you can receive $500 total back in refunds.
Modest Annual and Transaction Fees
As a promising travel card with substantial benefits to enjoy, the Barclaycard Frontier Airlines card keeps costs low. The annual fee is just $69 a year, a small price to pay when considering the savings on travel available.
The card does carry foreign transaction fees of 3%, or $30 per $1,000—an oddity for travel cards. For Frontier travelers, however, this may not be a significant issue – Frontier Airlines flies largely domestically, so those interested in earning Frontier rewards may not plan to fly internationally on a regular basis, making additional fees a moot point. Those who do travel overseas may want to use another card during international trips.
Balance transfers also come with minor fees. Cardholders will incur a fee of $5 or 3%, whichever is larger. The $5 fee will apply for any amount under $166; past that point, the 3% charge will be incurred.
The Bottom Line
If you’re a fan of Frontier Airlines, you’ll love what the Barclaycard Frontier Airlines MasterCard has to offer. It’s a premier airline rewards card with introductory offers that include enough miles for two round-trip domestic flights, and members can take advantage of one of the best registration bonuses in the industry. In addition, cardholders can enjoy double miles on Frontier flight purchases, single miles on all other expenses, and plenty of extra perks, giving customers a lot to like about this opportunity.